Do you consider yourself a healthy person?
Insurance companies have developed formulas to determine if you are a good risk for certain insurance policies. If you want to increase your health and prolong your lifespan, check out this list of 10 things you can do NOW to extend your life!
1. Sunlight. Go outside and enjoy the sunlight, in moderation of course. Sunlight produces Vitamin D. Vitamin D is responsible for increasing intestinal absorption of calcium, magnesium, and phosphate, and multiple other biological effects.
Vitamin D is also found in a few foods. The flesh of fatty fish (such as salmon, tuna, and mackerel) and fish liver oils are among the best sources. Other sources include mushrooms, fortified milk, some breakfast cereals, yogurt, orange juice, ice cream and so forth.
2. Hang out with friends. People who have meaningful relationships have better health and longer life expectancy. The exact reasons are unknown; however, it is believed that people in positive relationships are less likely to involve themselves in risky behavior, and take better care of themselves.
3. Daily exercise. It has been proven that 3 hours of exercise a week increases your health. A person who exercises may have DNA and cells almost 10 years younger than people who do not exercise. The habit to exercise will develop if there is a constant routine of exercise, such as everyday.
4. Floss everyday. Doing this will prevent gum disease and support heart health. How does it support heart health? If you get gum disease, the result is chronic bacterial infection, which goes into your arteries. Flossing helps to avoid this issue.
5. More sex. Studies show that people who have more orgasms have a 50% reduction in mortality. Sex triggers all sorts of endorphins and hormones in the body. There are many theories why sex can extend your life. The reasons could be as simple as positive relationship have more sex.
6. Avoid risks. We can’t avoid all risks but if you are aware of them, you can take precautions. One of the best things you can do for your life and health is to quit smoking, because it leads to disease and death. Smoking lessens your life expectancy up to 14 years. QuitGo was created to help people quit smoking. Check out our innovative smoking cessation products here.
Be a careful driver. Stay away from violence. Wear seat belts. Don’t drink alcohol to excess.
7. Don’t watch too much television. Sitting is the new smoking. People are inactive for long periods of time. Too much television tends to also include mindless eating. Too much eating results in obesity.
8. Screenings and tests. You can extend your life by getting regular check ups, regular screenings and tests. They don’t prevent disease but early detection can result in a successful outcome, thus extending your life. Your physician will provide guidance as to what tests you need regularly or periodically. If you don’t have a regular physician, now is the time to get one.
9. Destress your life. Many things in life cause stress. It is how you manage stress and how you reduce stress that will result in extending your life. Mental stress can physically manifest into physical issues.
Some people pick up yoga or general exercise to help de-stress their life.
10. Be a vegetarian. Some of us don’t want the 100% vegetarian lifestyle. Vegetarian diets excel at fewer bad fats, more antioxidants, and vegetarians tend to be lower weight compared to omnivore diets. A great start towards extending your life is to try limiting animal products and increase vegetable consumption.
Stop smoking today to extend your life!
Start your quit journey with us today.